Cerame-Unie (aisbl) is the European Ceramic Industry Association. Based in Brussels since 1962, Cerame-Unie (CU) is the voice of the European ceramic industry to the EU institutions. The European ceramic industry accounts for a total annual turnover of €28 billion and generates over 200,000 direct jobs. At EU level, the industry is involved in policy debates in the fields of construction, environment, energy & climate change, international trade, internal market and research & innovation.
Duties include (non-exhaustive):
- Coordinating, writing, editing, layouting, distributing all sectoral and CU publications;
- Managing CU and sectoral websites and social media;
- Contributing to the further development of communications activities;
- Coordination and logistics of CU and sectoral events/congresses in Brussels and abroad;
- Responsible for events, membership and promotion of the European Parliament Ceramics Forum;
- Contributing to horizontal tasks within a small team.
- Near-native English, other languages are a plus;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Publisher;
- Experience and ease with online programmes, website management and social media (especially Twitter);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player;
- Proven eye for detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Organisational skills: ability to plan, monitor and implement projects, work independently;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and on a small team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree (Degree in communications or project management is a plus);
- At least 6 months to 1 year of experience in communications and events management.
An entry-level position with a permanent contract and an attractive benefits package.
This full-time position is available starting from 17 May 2016. Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letter in English to Ms Nicole Le Poupon (lepoupon[at]cerameunie.eu) by 27 April. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Following an interview, candidates may be requested to complete a written test.