Cerame-Unie Aisbl (CU) is the European Ceramic Industry Association. Based in Brussels since 1962, it is the voice of the European ceramic industry to the EU institutions. The European ceramic industry accounts for a total annual turnover of € 30 billion and generates over 200,000 direct jobs. At EU level, the industry is involved in policy debates in the fields of environment & health, energy & climate change, construction, international trade, internal market and research & innovation.
Job purpose: Assistant to the Director General in charge of daily office management (including finances, human resources, facilities, legal, IT and administration)
Duties will include (non-exhaustive):
-Office management: Ensure maintenance of office infrastructure including facility management, equipment maintenance and telecom-matters.
-Accountings, budgets and financial matters: Act as contact point in all financial matters and communication with the external accountant & auditor (i.e. annual call for contributions and participation fees, financial audits, review of accountings, preparation of annual financial documents);
-Human resources management : Act as contact point in all daily tasks and communication with institutions related to HR matters (i.e. administrative, payroll and labour law matters, team building and trainings, recruitment and induction of new colleagues);
-Contributing to horizontal tasks within a small team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma in office/management assistant or equivalent;
- Experience in a similar position.
- Excellent written and oral French, good written and oral skills in English;
- Experience as accounting assistant, knowledge of accounting programme BOB 50 or similar is a plus;
- Good knowledge of the Belgian payroll system is a plus;
- Organisational skills: ability to plan, implement and monitor projects, to work independently, in a precise and organised way;
- Methodical skills, attention to detail, rigour, ability to spot numerical errors;
- PC literate.